Monday, March 5, 2007

An Ode to Vicky Lynn Hogan aka Anna Nicole Smith

I think that no one, to my memory, at least, best exemplifies the spirit of the hillbilly woman as Anna Nicole Smith.
Her carefree ways. Her free-wheeling attitude.
Her binge eating, drinking, drugging and whoring.
This is my tribute.
(I'm hoping Elton John reads this. Collaboration?)

Hillbilly Rose (Like A Reefer in the Wind)
An Ode to Vicky Lynn Hogan aka Anna Nicole Smith

Goodbye Vicky Lynn
Though I never knew you at all
You were a hillbilly princess
Who could eat a basketball.
The men threw themselves at you;
Even when you were a fatty.
Then you went and died
And we ask, “hoozya baby daddy?”

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a reefer in the wind
Never knowing who to sponge off
When the rain set in.
And I would have like to have known you
I think that would’ve been good.
Just as long as you and your kin
stayed out of my neighborhood.

Reality TV was tough.
The toughest role you ever played.
You had to be semi-coherent,
Like you made it to the seventh grade.
Even when you died
The press still hounded you.
All the reporters wondered:
Did she get shot by a harpoon?

Goodbye Vicky Lynn
Queen to the hillbilly seed
You were something more than sexual
More like an over-sexed freak

No comments: